- Paneer, sliced – about 50g
- Eggplant, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Onions, sliced into long thin pieces
- Avocado, sliced
- Sun-dried tomato
- 1 egg, beaten
- Butter, 2 tsp
- Olive oil, 1 tsp
- Slice paneer into large thin squares. Prep the paneer by lightly frying it in a skillet coated with 2tsp butter.
- Slice eggplant into discs that fit on top of the paneer. Make egg batter by beating an egg, and adding salt and pepper to it, to taste. Dip eggplant into the batter, and saute (similar to the paneer). You can add some pesto to the eggplant.
- Slice onions. Saute them, for about 3 mins, in a mixture of olive oil, butter, a pinch of salt.
- Assemble. Make the tower with paneer, eggplant, tomato slice, avocado, onions, and top them off with sundried tomatoes. Season this with some basil.
- Replace avocado with a fried egg, or a couple of sweet potato slices
- Use brinjal instead of eggplant
- Calories: ~ 240
- Fat ~18g
- Carbs ~ 7g
- Protein ~ 12g
- Prep time is less than 15 minutes (thanks Soundarya!)
- Eat one or two servings of this with a side of mixed vegetables (steamed or sauteed) to make it a filling meal
- Or eat it as a starter
Recipe idea: Ranjani Shanker