- 1/2 lb julienne cut onions, red peppers and yellow peppers.
- 2 organic cage free eggs
- 1/4th large avocado cut julienne
- Pinch of turmeric, cumin, garlic powder, coriander powder, garam masala
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- In a small skillet, saute the onions and peppers on medium heat till they reach a consistency you’re happy with.
- Add all spices, salt and cayenne and continue to saute for 2-3 min.
- Reduce heat to low and break open both eggs on to the sauteed peppers.
- Cover and cook till the whites are fully cooked but the yolks are still liquidy.
- Using a wide flat spatula, scoop out the contents onto a plate.
- Top with avocado and Sriracha sauce (or salsa)
Total cooking time ~ 10 min
- Total calories ~ 200
- Protein ~ 15 g
- Fat ~ 15 g
- Carbs ~ 10 g (mostly fiber)
- Red and yellow peppers are super rich in nutrients. 1/2 lb of peppers contain ~ 300% vit C, ~80% vit A, and 15% vit B6 in addition to many more such micronutrients! They’re also known to reduce CVD risk , improves lung health and protect against cataracts.
- Avocados are pretty darn awesome with anti-inflammatory properties! They’re are filled with healthy monounsaturated fats, offer a tonne of dietary fiber and are rich in vit k, potassium, folate and vit B6.
- Eggs have more nutrients than multi-vitamin tablets… and its all in the yolks! They are especially rich in choline which is critical for brain function.
- Indian spices have so many health benefits I’m not even going to list them here. Check it out here and here and here.
Here are a couple more beauty shots of my favorite way to eat eggs…
- Have it as it is as a snack. Or…
- Add another egg and some more avocado and make it a meal. Or…
- Add some bacon to make it orgasmic! Or…
- Double the recipe and make it a meal. Or…
- Have this with a side of white rice and go nuts!
Can something so healthy taste so awesome? Heck yea! Give it a shot. You’ll be happy you did!
Recipe: Raj Ganpath