Ingredients For Egg Raita:
- 2 cups of curd/yogurt (made with whole milk)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2-3 green chillies
- Dried curry leaves
- Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi)
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
Preparing the Egg Raita:
- In 1.5 tbsp of olive oil, temper the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and coriander powder.
- Add this along with the chopped green chillies and onions to the curd in a medium sized bowl.
- Remove shell and cut the boiled eggs into halves and dunk them into the curd mixture.
- Sprinkle fenugreek leaves (or cilantro) on top of the freshly made raita. I also added some orange zest for kicks.
Ingredients For Curried Veggies:
- Your choice of vegetables, chopped into small pieces – I used onions, peppers, peas, carrots, mushrooms
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp ghee/butter
- 1 tbsp curry powder (You could use garam masala instead too)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste (store bought)
- 2 tsp fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi)
- Salt to taste
Preparing the Curried Veggies:
- In the ghee, saute all onions with curry powder and ginger-garlic paste
- Add all other veggies and saute for 3-4 mins – good time to add the salt!
- Add coconut milk and let simmer for 5 mins
- Let thicken and then season with fenugreek leaves (or cilantro)
Total preparation time ~ 20 minutes
Devour in unison – one of my favorite combinations!
- Total calories ~ 750
- Protein ~ 42g
- Fat ~ 47g
- Carbs ~ 40g
Recipe: Lavanya Donthamshetty