Total Time: 10mins
- 1 ripe tomato
- 2 oz Mozzarella cheese (Buffalo Mozzarella ideally)
- 1 tbls Basil Pesto (I used this recipe) OR 1 fresh basil leaf per slice of tomato
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dry basil flakes (optional)
- Wash and cut tomato into even slices.
- Slice mozzarella and layer as desired on top of each tomato slice.
- Add a dollop of basil pesto/a basil leaf on top of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and basil flakes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar all over.
- Total calories ~ 350
- Protein ~ 15 g
- Fat ~ 25 g
- Carbs ~ 10 g
- Basil is a great source of Vit K and is known for it’s anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mozzarella cheese, like any other cheese, is a good source of protein and calcium.
Note: Using a basil leaf in place of basil pesto reduces fat content by ~ 10 g and total calories by ~ 100
Recipe: Srividya Sriram