Total Time: 10mins
- 3 eggs, beaten with salt
- Mozzarella cheese, 3 oz
- Pineapple bits, about 6
- Assorted sliced vegetables – Carrots, spring onions, beans, bell peppers
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Make your omelette batter with the eggs beaten with salt and basil
- Heat olive oil, at low-medium flame, in a pan and pour batter to cover entire pan. Close pan with glass lid.
- Once the omelette looks fluffy, spread the shredded mozzarella cheese and throw in the pineapple bits.
- Now “close” the omelette by folding it along the diameter.
- Leave your super cheesy omelette on the plate while you saute the veggies in butter and salt – Feel free to season as you wish!
This honestly took me only 5 mins as I had the veggies cut already! Super easy and super filling!
- Total calories ~ 500
- Protein ~ 38
- Fat ~ 34
- Carbs ~ 10
Eating a little bit of pineapple occasionally is pretty awesome for you. From Mark Sisson,
is the only food which contains natural bromelain, a group of enzymes that aid in digestion, reduce inflammation, reduce swelling, and speed healing. Bromelain is great for those with muscle and joint injuries, arthritis, gout and other inflammation issues. You do have to eat the pineapple fresh (emphasis is mine), however – cooking deactivates the bromelain.Pineapple is a rich source of manganese, an important mineral. Among many important roles as a cofactor, manganese helps superoxide dismutase do its free-radical-bustin’ job.
Pineapple is loaded with antioxidant vitamin C, too!
Recipe: Ranjani Shanker