Total Time ~ 15 min
- 1/2 lb fresh snapper chopped to manageable size pieces
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbls red wine
- 1 tbls ground mustard
- 4-5 chopped curry leaves
- 2 tbls whole milk yogurt (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- Mix all ingredients (except the snapped) in a bowl and dip the fish pieces (or if time permits marinate for 30-45 min).
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook the marinated snapper in low-medium heat.
- Cook till the fish flakes easily (~ 6-8 min)
- Boom done!
This obviously goes well with rice, but do me a favor and try it with a load of vegetables. I ate this along with a pound of sauteed mixed vegetables (ivy gourd (kovakkai/tindora), carrots, peas, garlic and onions) sauteed in coconut oil and other spices and it paired up really well.
- Total calories ~ 350
- Protein ~ 45 g
- Fat ~ 15 g
- Carbs – negligible
- Snapper, in addition to being an awesome source of protein, is rich in omega 3s, selenium, tryptophan, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, phosphorous and potassium! It is known for its cardiovascular benefits, controlling blood pressure and protection against stroke.
- Ginger is pretty damn awesome really! It is known to help with gastrointestinal relief, have amazing anti-inflammatory properties, protect against colorectal cancer and boost the immune system!
Recipe: Raj Ganpath