Total Time: 15 mins
For main dish:
- 250 gms butternut squash/sweet pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 15-20 beans, uncut and trimmed
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Shredded coconut, to sprinkle on top
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp white lentils (Urad daal)
- Dried curry leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In 1.5 tbsp of olive oil, temper the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, white lentils and curry leaves
- Add the squash cubes in a ziplock, sprinkle some water and microwave for 8 mins. Ensure you do NOT seal ziplock completely.
- Meanwhile, add the beans to the tempered mixture, sprinkle some water and let the beans cook
- Once the vegetables are almost cooked, add the coconut milk, pepper and salt and let simmer for about 5 mins.
- To finish, add more curry leaves and sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
- Have this along with 2-3 eggs on the side and make it nutritious and balanced lunch or dinner.
- Or Devour this bowl of goodness during the post-workout period along with a chunk of lean protein.
- Total calories ~ 360
- Protein ~ 5 g
- Fat ~ 20 g
- Carbs ~ 40 g
- Butternut squashes (like other summer winter squashes) is a vitamin A monster and a great source of potassium, fiber and vitamin C. They’re also known for blood sugar regulation, anti-inflammatory properties and anti-oxidant properties.
Recipe: Ranjani Shanker