Total time: About 30 minutes
- Chicken leg, about a pound
- Honey, about 0.5-1 tbsp
- Spices – salt, pepper, mustard, basil
- Mix the spices together and make a paste. Throw in some chopped ginger/garlic if you like.
- Rub this paste all over the chicken. Make some small cuts into the chicken before doing this.
- Put the chicken in the oven, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 10 minutes
- Remove the chicken, coat the honey over it. If the cuts you made open up, all the better.
- Put the chicken back in for 10 minutes or so, or until it is cooked. That’s it!
The cauliflower – Chop it into small pieces and sautee it for a few minutes.
The potatoes – chop it, coat some oil in the pan, and lightly fry it until golden brown. Add whatever spices you want. This recipe’s about the awesome chicken yo!
- Eating it this way makes for a pretty awesome post-workout meal. You get a good chunk of protein, easy carbs via the honey and starchy vegetable. And also a lot of cauliflower!
- If it is not a post-workout meal, go easy on the honey. And add a lot of green veggies to replace the potatoes.
Calories ~ 600
Fat ~ 16g
Protein ~ 52g
Carbs ~ 57g
Recipe idea – Arvind Ashok