We here at EatRealFood.in believe that the first and foremost step towards health, fitness and longevity is eating real food. While we understand there are intricacies involved in creating the most ideal diet, we are absolutely sure that adopting a diet that is sustainable and built around real foods is the most critical step.
People are hesitant to try our recommendations initially but once they give it an honest attempt… well, they get addicted! Addicted to feeling good, looking great and eating lots of delectable food!
When we looked into this further, we realized that the reason most people are hesitant to try it at first is, not because they don’t understand the concept, but because they are intimidated about cooking palatable food on a daily basis. Folks just didn’t want to sign up for something that will leave them with hardly any options to eat! Our typical conversation goes something like this…
They: What is the healthiest way to eat?
Us: Eat vegetables, meat, seafood, eggs, dairy, fruit and nuts. Stay away from junk, grains, legumes, vegetable oils and sugars.
They: No grains? No beans? No oils? How many meals can you really cook with this? I don’t think I can do such an extreme diet!
Turns out that you can make a gazillion different meals without grains and sugars and junk! And that brings us to our goal -
Show you how to design and create foods that are undeniably delicious and unbelievably nutritious… all at the same time.
So what can you find here at EatRealFood.in?
- Food Porn
- Nutritional Information
What are the guidelines under which these recipes are created?
While you can get the full scoop of our dietary recommendations here, below is a short and to the point version of the same.
- Vegetables - Any and all vegetables. Fresh or frozen only. No vegetable oils, store-bought juices etc.
- Fruits - Any and all fruits. Fresh or frozen only. No fruit juices, jams, extracts etc.
- Starches - Potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, white rice, taro, tapioca, beets, squashes, carrots.
- Meat - Any and all meats.
- Eggs - Any and all eggs.
- Dairy - Whole milk, whole milk yogurt, full fat kefir, heavy cream, full fat sour cream, fresh whipped cream, all unprocessed cheeses including paneer and halumi cheese.
- Soy - Whole cooked edamame beans, miso, tempeh, natto and soy sauce (in limited quantities)
- Nuts - Any and all nuts (in limited quantities)
- Dried fruit – Any and all dried fruit (in limited quantities)
- Oils - Coconut oil and butter/ghee as cooking oils. Olive oil as dressing or for making room temperature condiments (mayo etc.)
- Spices - Any and all spices
- Sugars - Honey and raw sugar (in very limited quantities)
- Others - Cocoa, raw almond milk, tender coconut, coconut milk, coconut water, whey protein (for athletes)
- Grains – Any and all grains (except rice)
- Legumes and beans – Any and all legumes, lentils and beans
- Vegetable oils – Any and all oils made from vegetables including canola oil (except olive oil)
- Processed foods/Junk – All. Anything from a box.
- Flavored nonsense – All. Anything that is flavored/colored etc.
- Low fat/Non fat crap – All. Anything that has fat stripped off artificially.
Will the recipes be vegetarian friendly?
Absolutely! We respect people’s food preferences and will do everything we can to make EatRealFood.in a happy camping ground for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. And moreover, three of the five bloggers who contribute to EatRealFood.in are vegetarians!
Will the recipes be balanced with respect to protein, carbs and fat?
Definitely not. Everyone’s requirement of macro-nutrients are different and there can be no one size that fits all. So, while every single recipe will be made of nutritionally rich real food ingredients, it is up to the consumer to combine/modify each recipe to ensure he/she gets the required macronutrients to fuel his/her activities.
Does eating like this mean you won’t need any supplements?
Definitely not. Just like everyone’s macronutrient requirements are different, so is everyone’s micronutrient requirements. You may or may not need supplementation of specific vitamins and minerals based on your current health.
What is groundbreaking about this?
Nothing. We don’t claim to have invented the broccoli or the chicken. We are just asking you to eat real food and showing you how its done.
How can you be involved?
We want to keep the atmosphere here inviting and fun. So please take a couple of seconds to comment on the recipes we post and if you have any suggestions for recipes or have some recipes that fit the bill, email it to us and we will post it up and provide you with the credit you deserve! Fair enough right?
Nothing more to say here except… Eat. Real. Food!